Wednesday 31 March 2010

exhibit your exhibited

So here are a few photographs of the exhibition we did at Ride, so if you weren't there, you'll get the jist of how it went...

So the first night was a Thursday, our opening night, filled with all four artists works and collaborations, free cocktails, live music, family, friends and many a welcome yet unknown guest.  I think it was pretty successful, but then, I had had a few of the free cocktails myself!
Little Elise cut out, looking wasted in the corner.  She glowed in the U.V light along with the rest of them.

This is based on a photograph of my brother pretending to throw up for me.  One of the funniest photograph's I've taken, and think it works pretty affectively as a wheatpaste too...Elise Darlow added in dripped wax for the sick, my mum and dad are proud of their children

Smoking Mikey and Pukey Joe!  Mikey's leaning on one of Elise's piece.  This was her cigarette machine.

Posing for media photographs...If only I had time to go home and get changed before the exhibition opened...I look rough as a badger

Getting involved with my sofa piece.  The sofa was done in parcel wrap paper, with the passed out James  done in blank newspaper.  It seemed to become the main part of the room, unintentionally, but worked pretty well.  The atmosphere set in the room by the lighting and stillness of all the figures, made this room become a room people wanted to hang out in.
The models checking themselves out.  Big thanks to Rara and Tim.

Mikey's work projected onto his walls all night.  Fitted in well with the whole concept of getting wasted.
So...all in all...Exhibition = DONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment