Tuesday 17 September 2013

The way things go...

September 2013 already!

I'm back off to complete my final year as an Art student and my first week of researching I have found nothing better than the National Geographic's Gyre project.  It's so up my street and very much along the lines of my dissertation ideas it couldn't be better.  It's the first time I've sat and come up with ideas for a first module project that I'm comfortable with.
Check this out:
An amazing concoction of over twenty artists using marine debris as an influential medium and starting point.  I think the subject is fantastic and the main reason they're running this project is fantastic.  Getting the truth of our everyday living and its devastating effects out into the public eye, showing us where our trash ends up, and the damage it does on its journey there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment