Thursday 4 November 2010

since then, for now, till then...

So it's less than a week away, that greats big looming deadline of this first module back and the assessment date.  I think it's going to be with Jane Joan and Sally, a good mix of judgement, each with their own personal likes and dislikes, bold statements and helpful noddings!  I'm not going to lie, I'm bricking it!  But I plan to have a bulletpointed layout of a talk ready to refer to whenever I get lost with explainations, this is usually all the way through!  So far I want to have a wallpaper background of my chosen screenprint (screenprinting room is hopefully free tomorrow so I can get in there and get it done, then get back here and sew by hand and machine into it) with my seedling canvas' hanging over the top of them.  I got a roasting from Joan today about not being in enough with work, but as this blog shows I am home, screenprint room and computer based.  Not alot to show re: paintings large canvases etc.  I would love to be able to trust my seedlings in the studio, but the amount of people, differing in temperature and lack of access late at night and very early mornings would mean no or dead seedlings.
Anyway, this is how far I've got so far over the last week of reading week (lack of internet at home last week meant I couldn't blog my work even though it was slowly progressing) and the different processes I've managed to come up with to fix shortfalls of time and mistakes.
These are 9 hand drawn images I did that all join together no matter which way they are put, except the three at the top and bottom have to stay this way.   I would love to be able to make this into a successful screenprint, but so far the screen prints I've done of these have 'bubbled' meaning they're not good enough to use, they would just look out of shape and damaged.
This is the design for the screen print, but they are all filled in black so they are picked up better when being exposed onto the screen.  I am also going to try screenprinting this:
These were scans of seedlings I have grown myself, that I have then photoshopped and continued a pattern with them symmetrically, I really like this one, and I've already done the screen for screenprinting with looks like it will print nicely.  The previous 2 designs I have printed with a large format printer, just incase anything goes wrong with the screenprinting process, which so far hasn't been very successful.
 These two images are similar images I used to print of my final print for the large format printer.  I can't upload it because it has a fault with since it was printed.  No biggy, just a shame. Its basically a clump of seeds like the above repeated over and over, again symmetrically, and looks quite good as a large image.  I would love to have enough money to be able to wallpaper it all over a rooms walls.  I think the high contrasted image and shape would look wicked.

At the moment, I'm preparing my seeds on canvas for my final pieces for assessment.  I have one busy yet ordered canvas with a grid of seeds laid out and growing.  I'm documenting them by photographing them every few hours to show the growth as it happens.  I hope to make this into a video flip book and will try and post up on here after the weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment