Monday 29 November 2010

What a load of research!

Whilst talking over ideas in tutorials, mulling things over in my head and noting it all down in my sketchbooks, I have also been researching new and different artists, to help inspire the kind of route and a comfortable direction I want to continue with.  Here are just a few that have really made me excited!

1.2m (diameter) x 8m (h)
Tulip bulbs,  moisture, light, iron oxid, nylon thread
On each string was suspended a single growing tulip bulb. Collectively, these took on a bulbous form that from certain angles appeared to resemble a helix, sometimes a more chaotic mass. The tulips continued to grow over the 2 weeks of the show until on the verge of flowering. 

'Sometimes while I was foraging in the woods I would find these growing off of branches and logs, which I would move and shift around into new positions. The mushrooms would then start to grow at different angles in response to the change in light and gravity. After a year I would return and find that the mushrooms could be grown into right-angled steps and other interesting shapes.' Phil Ross

 

Anna Garforth
'Anna Garforth works with recycled and natural media, so far her sustainble artworks have been used for public events, community projects, workshops, campaigns, publications and exhibitions.
With a strong background in design and illustration, her green and nifty fingers work moss into beautiful lettering, bark into animals and rubbish into typographic wonder.' http://www.crosshatchling.co.uk/


No comments:

Post a Comment