Wednesday 23 March 2011

If only I had as much work done as I do Ideas...

They just keep coming all these ideas, and it's pretty cool.  I just have to make sure I pick the right ones. 
My idea at the moment is to move away from actually working onto the roots I have found and instead of using them as the art, use them for the influence of the art.  I've displayed my roots as artwork for the Bunker Project Exhibiton and I used it as a stepping stone for my ideas, I wanted to see how they work as pieces themselves, and I'm not disapointed with the result, I just feel I could do better, and do something that shows my interests more and something that I enjoy more. 

I'm not 100% sure on installations as a final piece, so I was thinking about going back to the idea of wallpaper, but without the repetition of pattern.  I wanted to use as much organic material as possible, but include the experience of screen printing, laser cutting and using different materials and ideas, so I feel confident in things I've already done, but still be learning new things.  Finding a balance with all these things with the time I have left.

So the idea I have going at the moment is as follows:

Using lightly coloured fabric (possibly bamboo as it's the closest kind of fabric made by trees I can find)  (instead of paper, as it will add to the texture of the piece) as a base for a wallpaper, carrying a large image of tree roots, drawn on using different textures and structures of mud and soil (this will create different shades).  It will be drawn on from actual images of roots I can project onto the material strips, and wll include mark making into the fabric from screen print and laser cutter (the laser cutter will burn into the material with a brown finish which will fit in brilliantly, and the screen printing will be based with different muds too).
The images I can find which are closest to my ideas at the moment are images from japanese art, as they use similar layouts, colours and background ideas:
So for now, I'm going to carry on experimenting with the different techniques but with this aim in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment