Monday 14 December 2009

so far beyond the body i cant even see myself...

so we've got our new assignment brief for beyond the body, i was just going with it before, knowing what it was, but not knowing the actual brief, even so I am still going to continue with this idea of optical illusion for the moment.  It fits in with how I've looked at Anish Kapoor's work, the idea of using form, space and scale.  It's also a new process that goes out of my comfort zone of just painting and photography.  I've haven't previously done any 3D work like this.  And it's definately 'experimental'!


It's going to be interesting trying to show my historical, professional and current contexts relevant to my work though.  How am I going to do that?!


Anyway, I'm going to have a play with shadow of piled up paint at some point soon to see what how easy it is to manipulate and if it will hold it's manipulation until dry...we.shall.see


peace out
niki

No comments:

Post a Comment